We are nearly there ! For the people who are waiting for some new features and bugs to be fixed, you can find on the SVN an early alpha release of AlivePDF 0.1.5.
So what's new ?
- OpenType/TrueType font embedding (not fully working for the moment, but you can start playing with it, so much work guys, thank you Jasper for your great help).
- Unicode support thanks to the UnicodePDF class (used with the ArialUnicodeMS font class) developed by Quentin and Arnaud who already developed the PDFUtil class.
- The new font engine required a new API (CoreFont (device font) and EmbeddedFont (embedded glyphes) classes added)
- The addImage method has been improved so that it runs faster.
- The addImage will automatically handle DisplayObject with a specific center of rotation so that it nevers get cropped like it happened in the past.
- addImage() and addImageStream() now support GIF images (non animated) and TIFF in the folllowing days.
- A new Resize class is introduced which is used with the addImage and addImageStream methods. It allows you to handle the resizing behavior of the image, like saying you want the image on left, center, right, in full page with no border, fit to page, or page resized, etc. A lot of new ways to show your images here
- The addImageStream methods now requires you to specify a color space : ColorSpace.DEVICE_CMYK or ColorSpace.DEVICE_RGB. CMYK images are now supported (omegatiger and wayne_crede this one is for you!)
- FullScreen mode was broken, now back and working.
- A new setAdvanceTiming method was added to specify the number of seconds a page may last in fullscreen mode (b_shark this one is for you!)
I hope you guys like those features ! I know that a lot of you guys were waiting for the font embedding feature which is not fully working for now, still a few hours of work and it should work smoothly.
This release is very fresh, please test it as much as possible to see it does not break anything, and give some feedbacks on the new features, log bugs if any so that we can come to a very stable 0.1.5 version.
I know, I know next release should integrate transparent PNG's, I am working on it
I am also working on an updated documentation, the final release of AlivePDF 0.1.5 will come up with a brand new and updated documentation.