online cheap medications order generic bactrim price, and buy cheap online buy cheap discount lasix, and cheap pharmacy lipitor without rx, and online ordering accutane review, and order cheap how much acyclovir to kill, and buy cheapest synthroid order online, and pharmacy cheapest cheap baclofen pill, and order online directions for taking clomid, and online cheap medications cheap hydrochlorothiazide without rx, and cheap pharmacy purchase amoxil cod overnight delivery, and cheap pharmacy arimidex online overnight, and buy cheap online buy buy zithromax pill online, and order online online valtrex prescription in utah, and buy cheapest buy cheap discount online flagyl, and buy online zovirax (acyclovir) cheapest, and buy cheap how to buy prozac online without a rx, and cheap pharmacy cash on delivery paxil, and cheap pharmacy diflucan cod delivery next day, and purchase no prescription propecia cancer prevention, and generic medications neurontin and online overnight delivery, and purchase no prescription norvasc fedex shipping, and online ordering purchase doxycycline next day cod, and ordering online feminizing effects of premarin, and buy cheap online buspar and wellbutrin, and online cheap medications order overnight retin-a, and

AlivePDF 0.1.4 release

Here is a brand new AlivePDF 0.1.4 release with some bugs fixed and some new features :)

Online Demo :

A Flash animation should have appeared here, but it seems that your browser has an older version of the Flash Player or it is not installed at all. Please, install the last release of the Flash Player now, then reload this page.

New features :

- Custom Page sizing :

You can add a page to the size you want, just create a org.layout.Size object and pass the appropriate pixel size, inches size, and millimeters size array :

public function Size ( pPixelsSize:Array, pLabel:String, pInchesSize:Array, pMmSize:Array );

And then pass it to the addPage method :

myPDF.addPage( Orientation.LANDSCAPE, Unit.MM, new Size ([500, 500], "myFavoriteSize", [11.7, 16.5],[297, 420] ));

Of course you can still use any of the Size (Size.A4, Size.A3, etc.) constant properties to select a specific size.

- Blend modes :

Blend modes are now supported, check the org.alivepdf.Blend class :

Blend.NORMAL
Blend.EXCLUSION
Blend.HUE
Blend.SATURATION
Blend.COLOR
Blend.LUMINOSITY

- addImage() :

Second parameter is now opacity, the following code will add a new image with an opacity of 50% and a Blend.COLORBURN color mode :

myPDF.addImage (image, .5 , Blend.COLORBURN, null, false, ImageFormat.JPG, 100, 160, 110, 0, 0);

- textStyle() :

Second parameter is now opacity, the following code will add some text with an opacity of 20% :

myPDF.textStyle ( new RGBColor ( 0, 0, 0 ), .2 );

- setAlpha() :

Lets you specify the opacity for any following drawing, image or text operation :

myPDF.setAlpha( .8, Blend.HARDLIGHT );

- removeAllPages() :

Removes all the pages from the PDF :

myPDF.removeAllPages()

Things fixed :

- Page sizing :

Page sizing bugs fixed. A new custom page size has been added : Size.TABLOID

- lineStyle() :

Alpha parameter was disabled, now it's enabled.

A new Blend mode parameter has been added :

myPDF.lineStyle( new RGBColor ( 255, 200, 0), 1, .2, Blend.HARDLIGHT, null, Caps.NONE, Joint.BEVEL );

Documentation has been updated, I have also included an AIR application example.

Download this new 0.1.4 version here

Version 0.1.5 will include fonts embedding and some other cool things ;)

Comments 43

1. ilsh wrote:

Great!

I just wonder if alive pdf can generate thumbnails of an existing pdf file.

Posted 14 Nov 2007 at 10:42 am
  2. Alex wrote:

Well, can’t wait for version 0.1.5, font embedding will be really a cool addition. When will it be ready ?

Posted 18 Nov 2007 at 3:12 am
  3. Matias Castro wrote:

My query is as follows, operate correctly “addBookmark()” because I can not make them functional, someone could help me with this issue. Thanks

Posted 19 Nov 2007 at 10:30 pm
  4. Max wrote:

Salut Thibault!

Quand je fais addMultiCell et que le string que je passe a la fonction contient le mot “null”, dans le pdf ca ecrit le nombre de pages a la place du mot null. i.e. si je passe le mot “Anullement” dans un cell et que le document est de 14 pages, dans le PDF il sera ecrit “A14ement”.

Si tu peux me revenir la dessus pour me dire comment arranger ca ce serais bien !

Posted 22 Nov 2007 at 6:08 pm
  5. Thibault Imbert wrote:

Salut Max,

Pas mal comme bug héhé :)
    Je vais corriger ça et poster une nouvelle version. Je te tiens au courant ;)

Merci,

Thibault

Posted 22 Nov 2007 at 6:15 pm
  6. Max wrote:

Merci !! Super la librairie en passant !

Posted 22 Nov 2007 at 6:45 pm
  7. Max wrote:

Salut Thibault, j’ai trouvé le probleme.

Dans PDF.as, la variable aliasNbPagesMethod n’est jamais initialisée.

Tu a pourtant une fonction aliasNbPagesMethodMethod qui prends un string et qui défini la valeur de aliasNbPagesMethod.

Aussi dans la fonction createPageTree, tu écrit :

if( aliasNbPagesMethod == null ) et apres la condition, sur chaque page du document tu fait str_replace pour changer toute les instances de aliasNbPagesMethod pour le nombre de page du document. (alros partout ou il trouvais null, il mettais le nombre de pages).

Perso j’ai simplement défini la valeur de aliasNbPagesMethod au début de la classe dans ta déclaration de variable pour que ca =”{nb}”.

Ensuite dans createPageTree il faut mettre

if( aliasNbPagesMethod != null )

Et voila !

Posted 22 Nov 2007 at 9:37 pm
  8. Thibault Imbert wrote:

Salut Max,

Merci pour le bug et la correction :)
    Je vais faire une nouvelle release avec quelques autres bugs et optimisations.

Bien à toi,

Thibault

Posted 22 Nov 2007 at 9:58 pm
  9. Eric Green wrote:

This PDF lib is exactly what I have been looking for. Is it possible to post the Flex project for the non-air example on this top of this page?

Posted 24 Nov 2007 at 12:02 pm
  10. Thibault Imbert wrote:

Hi Eric,

You want me to post a Flex project template to use AlivePDF ?

kind regards,

Thibault

Posted 24 Nov 2007 at 12:07 pm
  11. Eric Green wrote:

Hi Thibault,

That would be most appreciated. I can get the AIR example working in FB3 (running in the AIR RT), but am having trouble getting it to work as non-AIR (browser-based) MXML – Flex Builder 3 is complaining about not finding FileStream library when I try wrapping the example code in an tag, instead of the tag. I basically need something exactly like the example “Generate PDF” button on the top of this page (running in the browser).

Best Regards,
    Eric

Posted 24 Nov 2007 at 1:03 pm
  12. Eric Green wrote:

Looks like my markup examples got striped out…the above text should have read…not finding FileStream library when I try wrapping the example code in an mx:Application tag, instead of the mx:WindowedApplication tag…

Posted 24 Nov 2007 at 1:06 pm
  13. Eric Green wrote:

Hi Thibault,

I was wondering how you were able to implement the “Generate PDF” button, with AlivePDF, above since it is my understanding that flash.filesystem.* is not supported in the browser-based Flash player.

Thank you kindly.
    Eric

Posted 26 Nov 2007 at 2:02 am
  14. Thibault Imbert wrote:

Hi Eric,

I will post tonight some new Flex and Flash templates, so that you can get started smoothly ;)

kind regards,

Thibault

Posted 26 Nov 2007 at 1:25 pm
  15. Kevin Barton wrote:

Greetings!
    I work in a print shop, and I have received PDF files generated by this software for use in a long term workflow. Is there any way for the PDF files to be generated by AlivePDF to come out as CMYK?

Kevin

Posted 27 Nov 2007 at 6:24 pm
  16. Thibault Imbert wrote:

Hi Kevin,

Yes, AlivePDF can generate PDF using CMYK colors.

The CMYKColor class can do that for you :

For an online demo, check the following link :

In the middle of the post, click the Generate PDF button, check page 3 for differents color spaces available.

Kind regards,

Thibault

Posted 27 Nov 2007 at 7:22 pm
  17. Eric Green wrote:

Hi Thaibault,

Any progress on posting the new Flex/Flash template? I am looking forward to the update. Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Eric

Posted 28 Nov 2007 at 12:51 am
  18. Alex wrote:

Hi Thibault, first of all thanks for AlivePdf, it’s really a great thing !
    I suppose there (perhaps) is a bug in the addPage method because it discard the inches or mm sizes and sets the page just taking always the pixel sizes specified.

For example, if you use the following function:
    myPDF.addPage(Orientation.PORTRAIT, Unit.MM, new Size ([100,100], “myFavoriteSize”, [11.7, 16.5],[297, 420] ));

the pdf page added will be 100×100 pixels all the time. How do I set the page specifying mm. or inches instead ?

Posted 28 Nov 2007 at 7:00 pm
  19. Thibault Imbert wrote:

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your message, I am happy you like AlivePDF :)

You are right, by default the custom page size mechanism is using the pixels array you specify. Inches and mm’s are used to show friendly infos about the page when you call the myPage.fullLabel getter.

As far as I understand, you would like to specify which array to use when you pass a custom page size. Am I right ?

Kind regards,

Thibault

Posted 28 Nov 2007 at 8:45 pm
  20. Thibault Imbert wrote:

Hi Eric,

I just posted a new tutorial to get started with AlivePDF :)

Let me know if this helps ;)

kind regards,

Thibault

Posted 29 Nov 2007 at 3:33 am
  21. Quentin Dubois wrote:

hey Thibault ,

Your Alive pdf is just great !!
    It’ll solve a lot of printin problem we have

thanks a lot

Posted 02 Dec 2007 at 3:20 pm
  22. Curt Naumann wrote:

Hi Thibault,
    How can I use AlivePDF to take an existing 6 page pdf (a service contract) that resides on the web server, insert 3 text fields (name, email and date) that have been sent to the server via Flash’s sendandload the return the “new” pdf or swf back to Flash? There are some php commands for building pdf files but my ISP apparently is using PDFlib Lite so rebuilding the pdf with the fields I need looks like it will be very cumbersone. Thanks.

Posted 08 Dec 2007 at 8:25 am
  23. Frederico Garcia wrote:

hi, for my current project i’ve developed a report generation component for FB2.0.1. Currently it supports multiple page templates, zoom in, zoom out, preview, print, export to pdf (using alivePDF). I believe that for RIA development report generation is an essencial functionality missing in FB. I’d like to know if you’re interested in combining our two projects in a full featured report generation framework for Flex.

Posted 20 Dec 2007 at 2:27 pm
  24. Frederico Garcia wrote:

Hi,

You can see my FlexReport at http://www.kemelyon.com/flexreport

Posted 20 Dec 2007 at 5:23 pm
  25. Quentin Dubois wrote:

Federico !!

Great job with Flexreport!!

Posted 20 Dec 2007 at 8:31 pm
  26. Thibault Imbert wrote:

Hi Frederico,

It’s is very smooth, I love it.
    Of course I would be interested, that would be really nice.

Send me an email so that we can discuss more about that :)

kind regards,

Thibault

Posted 21 Dec 2007 at 12:20 am
  27. Frederico Garcia wrote:

Hi Thibault,

Please send me an email at fmotagarcia@kemelyon.com so I can get yours.

Regards

Frederico

Posted 21 Dec 2007 at 2:00 am
  28. Frederico Garcia wrote:

Hi Thibault,

I’m still waiting for your contact. I’m really looking forward to see this idea come true.

Frederico

Posted 24 Dec 2007 at 1:12 am
  29. Tony wrote:

Thibault,

I believe there may be an error in PDF.as on line 69:
    [Event(name='complete', type='flash.events.Event.COMPLETE')]

Proposed:
    [Event(name='complete', type='flash.events.Event')]

This fixed an autgenerate code problem in Flex Builder.

Regards,
    Tony

Posted 29 Dec 2007 at 12:06 am
  30. Thibault Imbert wrote:

Hi Tony,

Doh !! yes thanks for the fix !

kind regards,

Thibault

Posted 29 Dec 2007 at 1:20 am
  31. Payal wrote:

Have you come up with gradients(Shading) in AlivePDF now?

Posted 18 Jan 2008 at 8:10 am
  32. Thibault Imbert wrote:

Hi Payal,

Not for the moment, but gradients are definitely on the roadmap ;)

regards,

Thibault

Posted 18 Jan 2008 at 8:26 am
  33. Keith wrote:

Hi Thibault,

Nice job with AlivePDF — it’s going to save me an enormous amount of time!

One question: Is there an easy way to print the offstage part of a really large DisplayObject? I can’t figure out how to get AlivePDF to print anything beyond the visible portion of the DisplayObject.

Thanks,
    Keith

Posted 18 Jan 2008 at 6:41 pm
  34. Thibault Imbert wrote:

Hi Keith,

Can you send me a PDF example of that behavior ?
    I will try to add anything you may need in the next release.

regards,

Thibault

Posted 19 Jan 2008 at 2:24 pm
  35. Drew wrote:

Wondering if the addLink() could include linking to a named destination, also a way to create a named destination.

Posted 23 Jan 2008 at 2:46 am
  36. bluejay wrote:

hi there! nice thing for AlivePDF… this really saved a lot of time for me.

but i still have a problem, i want to display Japanese text, included in the PDF generated. what happens is that it displays ???.

i had followed some changes on issue #23 on the google code – alivepdf section which discusses about multibyte issues.

i have also checked fpdf in php and checked how they try to add Japanese support but still, even in fpdf, it does not meet what i need. i implicitly added japanese text (which in contrary to the example they have which is not a literal japanese string or maybe it doesnt get displayed as japanese on my lappie).

thanks!

Posted 31 Jan 2008 at 7:46 am
  37. Quentin wrote:

Hi there!
    I’ve just downloaded AlivePDF and player with it a bit. It works nicely but I found an issue (that is not due to AlivePDF)…
    When calling the savePDF method from within a SWF that runs inside your browser (either Firefox or IE), the DOWNLOAD or INLINE window gets block by the damn popup blocker! So the user might not even notice something is going on.

If someone out there knows how to solve this, please share!

Posted 04 Feb 2008 at 12:51 pm
  38. federico wrote:

hi friends.
    I’m having the same trouble.
    I think the problem is with the size of the graphics when taken Panel. My panel
    contains a graph with the size width and height 100% 100%. If you shrink the size of
    the graphic to 50% in both properties working properly, but the problem is that it
    would properly on the panel.
    I hope this information is useful and will soon have version 0.1.5.

Posted 14 Feb 2008 at 8:15 pm
  39. way wrote:

HI friends,

I am currently using the alive pdf 0.1.4 release. And I want to export a PDF file by using flex. I want to build a multi-column table in the pdf. I noticed that there is a addMultiCell() function. However, the cell is placed vertically. Is it possible to make more than 1 cell on same line?

Thanks.

Posted 25 Apr 2008 at 3:48 am
  40. Jason Ervin wrote:

Is it possible to print outside of the flash stage bounds, as Keith asked above? I need to print whatever is displayed on stage at a scale of 48 inches by 36 inches.

Posted 08 Nov 2008 at 12:42 am
  41. hari wrote:

Hi frnds,
    I try to export the data in a grid to pdf with alive pdf .It is working fine but when the number of rows increases it is giving run time error at the line I am converting the grid to Image.
    Please help in this issue .It’s very urgent for me.

Thanks

Posted 11 Dec 2009 at 12:53 pm
  42. Rahat wrote:

I am using alive PDF to generate PDF output from my flex designer. I want only GrayScale image with Gray Channel. I saw on a forum a demo which generates a PDF with CMYK color space but in my case the CMYK is also not working. I am using the 1.5 Alpha release of Alive PDF. Here’s my code

printPDF.addPage(p);

printPDF.addImageStream(image.data, ColorSpace.DEVICE_GRAY, resize,0,0,p.width,p.height);
    printPDF.save( Method.REMOTE, “savepdf.php”, Download.INLINE, GatherInfo.fileName+”_original.pdf” );

No matter what colorspace I provide it creates an RGB channel image.

Posted 05 Jul 2011 at 12:25 pm
  43. suneel wrote:

Hi.. I looking for show to some text with bold and italic, font, fontsize and other styles to apply… and finally I need select the text to copy…. Is it possible in AlifePdf ?

Posted 23 Jan 2013 at 11:19 am

Trackbacks & Pingbacks 1

1. From ria & more on 27 Mar 2008 at 11:26 pm

Créer des pdf avec Flex côté client avec AlivePDF…

La possibilité de créer des pdfs grâce à Flex manquait cruellement, le mal est réparé grâce à la librairie Open Source AS3 “AlivePDF” . Bravo à Thibault Imbert por cette réalisation.
    Le projet sur Google Code